Call for Papers
Special Issue of Graziadio Business Review
Organization Development and the Future of Work
Overview: This Special Issue is dedicated to the role of Organization Development (OD) and the role it can play in the Future of Work. We recognize the emergence of new forms of organizing where human and artificial intelligence will interface extraordinarily, where the business ecosystem is becoming increasingly complex, and where the role of the employee is being transformed. Organization Development is about applying applied behavior science to these, and other challenging issues facing organizations now and in the dawn of the smart machine age, in order that organizations achieve the performance and effectiveness they seek. Organization Development seeks to inform at the center of these dialogues and development of ideas and services regarding the issues that advance and shape the future vitality of organizations. The Organization Development and the Future of Work Special Issue will examine the ideas of thought leaders on the impact and role of OD into the future.
The Special Issue editor is Dr. Gary Mangiofico, Academic Director, MS in Organization Development, Pepperdine Graziadio Business School. Articles should address one or more of the following:
Direction for these topics may include, but not be limited to:
- Why is Organization Development important in the future of work?
- Feature an applied focus and answer the “so what” question.
- How should Organization Development be applied in changing and complex business ecosystems?
- The Role OD can serve in supporting the sacredness of the human worker and amplify the importance of meaning and connection in the workplace.
- Innovations in change management at various levels: Individual, Group, Organization, Trans-organization.
- What are the implications for leaders and OD professionals who are faced with navigating the needs of organizations to thrive in this new age?
Articles in the GBR Special Issue on Organization Development and the Future of Work make a unique contribution to business practice; therefore, articles must go beyond merely restating conventional wisdom or textbook knowledge. The GBR only accepts original articles that have not been published elsewhere. Analyses of current issues or changes and practical applications in the business environment will also be considered. However, “editorial opinion” articles are not appropriate for the GBR.
- Translating new academic research in to practitioner applications.
- Organizing and synthesizing information from diverse sources about these challenging issues.
- Alerting readers to new knowledge that may impact their businesses.
- Extending a debate in a new direction.
- Presenting empirical data and explaining how it may impact business practitioners.
Deadline for submission to the Special Issue is August 15, 2018. Publication date: November/ December. All submissions must adhere to the Graziadio Business Review editorial guidelines and submitted to the Editor Nancy Dodd at firstname.lastname@example.org. The papers will be screened initially by the Special Issue’s Editor and the shortlisted papers will go through the GBR regular review process according to the standard journal policy http://gbr.pepperdine.edu/submissions/.