Discussion: View Thread

2023 AOM Meeting Paper Symposium on Organizational Foresight: Call for Presenters

• 1.  2023 AOM Meeting Paper Symposium on Organizational Foresight: Call for Presenters

Posted 11-29-2022 22:25

Dear Friends & Colleagues,

In the past few years at the AOM annual meetings, I was glad to attend several paper presentations on organizational/corporate/strategic foresight. Management research in this domain seems to be growing apace. Yet unfortunately, such presentations were all in discrete sessions. As they were not collated into the same room, this prevented both dialogue and a sustained research agenda from building up.

In view of this, my research group and I would like to put together a Paper Symposium on Organizational Foresight on the occasion of the 2023 AOM meeting in Boston. If you have a research paper or idea that you are working on in the topic of organizational foresight broadly defined, please reach out to me. Papers could be on the antecedents of foresight in organizations; on foresight processes and how such processes are understood by foresight participants, e.g., scenario planning and other foresight methods; and on the outcomes of organizational foresight - both individual and organizational. They could also be on foresight facilitation, or on different conceptualizations of foresight through different conceptual/theoretical frameworks.

------------------------------
    Alex Fergnani
    NUS Business School
    Singapore
    ------------------------------